[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Suggested change to the OpenSRF install directions

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Sep 28 21:33:42 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 04:28:21PM -0600, John Craig wrote:

<snip HTML>

> <pre class="code">echo "export PATH=/openils/bin:\$PATH" &gt;&gt; ~/.bashrc
> exit</pre>
> What's with that exit ? Nowhere else in the directions is there an

Dunno. If somebody was to walk all the way through all of the prior
revisions of install instructions in the wiki, I wouldn't be surprised
if that "exit" originally came from me at some point in time, given that
the next expected command was to be issued as root. I can't claim credit
for touching the wiki install instructions much recently, because I'm
in favour of making them go away.

Would you support my proposal to single-source the install docs from the
READMEs for OpenSRF and Evergreen, per
http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-documentation/2011-June/000937.html
, instead?

<snip HTML>