[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Hiding prefix/suffix in volume creation

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Sat Apr 7 13:49:22 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

So I've been trying to figure out how best to hide prefix/suffix from
being seen in the volume editor since we're not planning to implement
these at this time.

We've tried using the CSS example to hide both prefix and suffix from
view, and it results in errors when trying to create new volumes.
Specifically, the server log seems to indicate that the term "undefined"
is being passed as the option for prefix/suffix and that breaks things
horribly.

My question is whether it's possible to assign a default prefix/suffix
quietly behind the scenes even if we hide the fields from view using the
CSS.  On our system, it looks like there's a prefix/suffix of id "-1"
which correspond to a blank value.  Presumably this should be passed by
default during item creation instead of the "undefined" which breaks things.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions folks have for us to try.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator