[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for help with srfsh Evergreen error message

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Wed Apr 11 12:47:39 EDT 2012

I was working through the troubleshooting instructions on http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/troubleshooting.html.

All the steps prior to step 8 worked fine, no obvious problems that I could see.
For step 8 though, Connect to Evergreen using the srfsh command-line OpenSRF client, I get this message:
------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.009433
------------------------------------

Received Data: {
  "ilsevent":1000,
  "textcode":"LOGIN_FAILED",
  "desc":"User login failed",
  "pid":27630,
  "stacktrace":"oils_auth.c:714"
}

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.093016
Login Session: (none).  Session timeout: 0.000000

I looked at the log /openils/var/log/srfsh.log, but there is nothing there obvious (to me) that points to what is causing the login to fail or how to fix it.

Could anybody suggest what could be the cause of this and where to look next? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alexey Lazar
PALS
Information System Developer and Integrator
507-389-2907
http://www.mnpals.org/