[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Problems with call numbers in Evergreen 2.1

Vyacheslav Tykhonov vty at iisg.nl
Thu Apr 12 16:28:00 EDT 2012

Hi there,

At the moment we're working on upgrade our current stable version 2.0.3 to 2.1, but have a couple of problems with call numbers as described below:

OPAC vew:
After doing all migration steps as described in update manual all call numbers aren't visible in OPAC view, but still can be opened in the Holdings Maintenance menu.
We understand that now every call number split to 3 parts (prefix, callnumber, suffix) in new version, so we must adjust some new settings for libraries.
Is it possible to get more information about all changes for holdings in Evergreen 2.1 and manual how to make automatic migration to new way of storing call numbers?

Editing callnumbers:
When adding a new call number, we get the following error message:
Error in g.vivicate_update_volumes, acn_id = undefined temp_acn = {"ilsevent":-1,"textcode":"Server or method error"}
We don't have any additional information about temporary callnumbers in the logs, but probably it's the same issue as new settings for libraries.

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav Tykhonov
Software Developer
Internationaal Instituut voor Sociale