[OPEN-ILS-DEV] E-Commerce

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Fri Apr 13 15:21:15 EDT 2012

Hi Tim,

The easiest-to-deal-with of the possible problems you could be facing
would be lack of mathematically valid credit card number or future
expiration date.

Obviously you don't need to test with a *real* credit card number, but
credit card numbers have a checkdigit algorithm (much like barcodes),
and I know that even in test mode the payment gateways expect valid
check digits.  A simple, mathematically valid MasterCard number is
5555555555554444.

If you already knew all that and it isn't the problem, my next step
would be taking Evergreen out of the picture and making sure you can
contact the payment gateway using a simple perl script and the
Business::OnlinePayment::Paypal module.  The
CREDIT_PROCESSOR_DECLINED_TRANSACTION event that Evergreen generated
should mean contact was established with the payment processor and they
didn't like something you submitted, so it's probably a data problem you
could figure out with experimentation.

Hope this helps!

Lebbeous

--