[OPEN-ILS-DEV] GenaSYS Evergreen Automated Cluster Configuration Script Now Available

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Thu Apr 26 14:31:10 EDT 2012

Good afternoon all,

This morning, Andy Witter and Josh Lamos from Emerald Data Networks, and I presented on a project that has been in development at the Georgia Public Library Service for the past year or so.  GenaSYS is a command-line-based program that will generate a full working Evergreen Cluster that is based on the implementation running in PINES, but can be modified for general use (depending on your setup).  The presentation slides are here:

http://www.slideshare.net/pines/eg-conference2012-genasyspresentation-12705131

The code is stored in the Evergreen community git site in a PINES contrib repository:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=contrib/pines/genasys.git;a=summary

The PINES contrib repository for PINES Debian packaging for Evergreen exists here:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=contrib/pines/eg-debian.git;a=summary

but content for that is pending.  We will follow up with an announcement about this when that code is ready for sharing.

Please see the presentation and GenaSYS project README.html ( http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=contrib/pines/genasys.git;a=blob_plain;f=README.html;hb=HEAD ) for more information.  Please feel free to ask questions here on the dev list or contact me directly.

Hope this is a helpful contribution to the community.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Sharp