[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Adding ONIX support and Evergreen acquisitions

Paul Waak ptwaak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:20:26 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I need to rapidly patch Evergreen to accept ONIX product selection files
from vendors as part of EDI. For the short term, the ONIX file will be
translated into MARC21slim XML and processed with Vandelay. I may have to
extend it to work with non-EDIFACT messages as well. At this point I have
two questions.

Is anyone already working on this?

Also, I am looking at
Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/Application/Acq/EDI.pm and got curious. I
would like to follow the EDI file naming conventions "FTP FILENAMING
STANDARD – Issue 4" from EDItEUR / BISG / BIC. This would simplify a lot of
things. Before I dive into it, though, has anyone noticed whether vendors
actually follow this convention?

Thanks for any answers you have,
Paul

--