[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [GSOC] Batch import failed

dsy dsy88 at sina.com
Sat Aug 11 22:56:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm testing the vandelay.add_field and vandelay.strip_field I added in last
week. But I encountered some problem. I'm trying to batch import some marc
records into the system to extract some real cases from the merge process
which could be good example to test my function. But I failed to batch
import marc records into the system. I tried two ways. One is using the
script in support_scripts in Open-ILS/src. And One is using the staff
client(running in linux and access the page directly). Both way failed. But
no error recorded in postgresql log or osrfsys logs. The program just
crashes. The progress in the command line script shows it has handled about
10000 records.

The marc records I'm using is oca_unicode.mar. Each of the marc file is
about 40MB. And I allocate 1GB memory to my virtual machine. Is the crash
related to lack of memory? Does the import procedure need very large memory
to handle a small record sets?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Swenyu