[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Feature proposal: "Detailed serials"-view in OPAC

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Fri Aug 17 10:41:57 EDT 2012

Hi Olli,

There is a feature that may address some of your needs, and it's easy to
miss, as it's new in 2.2 and only works in TPAC.  It may be somewhat
incompatible with academic library workflows, but Dan Wells could
explain that better than I, and work can be done to make it better.

See here: http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/docs/?p=1245 , and skip to the
bottom of the page for the screenshots to see whether you recognize it
before reading the details in the text.  If I've misunderstood you and
you already know about this feature, disregard, but I suspect it isn't
widely appreciated yet.

This, combined with copy paging in the TPAC, should prevent the page
explosions that would otherwise be an issue with many holdings on a record.

That doesn't cover all the needs you're talking about, but I wanted to
be sure you're aware of all the parts that already exist.  I think this
might be a usable foundation for you.

Hope this helps,

Lebbeous

--