[OPEN-ILS-DEV] RC1 plans / bug merge countdown

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Aug 24 10:31:14 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Here's my plan for 2.3.rc1 and beyond.  Comments/questions welcome.

* As of today, we have 1 week left of bug merging to guarantee inclusion in the 2.3.0 release.
* Next Friday, we cut 2.3.rc1.
* I'd like to create a origin/rel_2_3_rc1 branch into which any remaining bugs may be merged, however...
* Only show-stopper bugs and documentation may be merged into origin/rel_2_3_rc1.
* All other bug fixes can continue to flow into origin/rel_2_3 after rc1 is cut, but they will not be released until 2.3.1.
* Sept 19th we cut 2.3.0 directly from origin/rel_2_3_rc1.
* Deep breath
* Start planning 2.3.1 :)

Also, we need more 2.3 release notes!  There is a partial set in docs/RELEASE_NOTES_2_3.txt, but many new features are not represented.

Thanks,

-b

--
Bill Erickson