[OPEN-ILS-DEV] problems with dev setup; staff client wrong version

Dave Olson olson.dave at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:50:49 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a test environment for the local genealogical library
as a favour for my sister in law. After some problems getting things going,
I think I have everything in order, but am running into problems getting
the staff client to connect. It keeps telling me the version is incorrect.

I am able to login as the administrator account though the srfsh console.
the settings-tester.pl script runs with no issues
I've gone through the troubleshooting guide and worked out all the errors,
at least with starting the services. No error logs

The machine is a AMD Athlon 2500+ with 1GB RAM running Ubuntu Lucid
Right now everything is on a local network. The database is on the same
machine.

I am running the latest stable release, 2.1.1.
I used 'rel_2_1_1' as the STAFF_CLIENT_STAMP_ID in the make install command
during setup.
The client reports that same ID (in Help -> about)

I am able to bring up the search screen when I browse to the host ("
http://amadeus" in my case)
I made the symlinks and can browse to
http://amadeus/xul/rel_2_1_1/server/with my browser
I'm running the staff client through wine on my laptop (Ubuntu Oneric).
Same results if I boot into Windows 7 and use the client there.
In the client, I added the SSL exception.
Status is 200 OK, but version is 404: Not Found

Any thoughts on what I might be missing.

Thanks in advance
Dave