[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Using dijit controls in staff client

rwalsh at excalibur-solutions.com rwalsh at excalibur-solutions.com
Tue Jan 31 15:49:00 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm struggling to add a simple drop-down to the register_table.tt2 page
in the staff client. I have things working properly (the correct data is
shown and updates are saved) with a basic HTML SELECT control, but to
match the look-and-feel of the page I think I need to use either a
dijit.form.FilteringSelect or a dijit.form.Select. I can get
dijit.form.FilteringSelect to display, but the first reference to the
control in the javascript code (in register.js) seems to halt further
script processing. I've tried creating the widget programmatically and
adding it to the DOM, and I've tried to create the control in the HTML
code (with and without an explicitly created analog in javascript). The
results so far are always the same - the page simply stops loading
either right before or right after my drop-down is displayed, depending
on which approach I take.

The data I'm presenting in the control comes from the user settings
table, so I don't think the existing field mapper infrastructure can be
used to dynamically create an appropriate widget.

Thanks for any guidance that might point me in the right direction.

Robert Walsh
Owner / Senior Consultant
Excalibur Solutions, Inc.
http://www.excalibur-solutions.com