[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [GSOC] System Log

sy duan stormdsy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 10:04:15 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

         I’m Swenyu, this year’s GSOC student. I’m optimizing the system
performance in search. I have studied the log of OpenSRF in the file
osrfsys.log. Which shows in a single search operation, DB calls takes as
much time as the message processing in Tranport.pm. And the accumulated
message processing time even surpass the DB search time. So I want to
optimize the message processing method in Tranport.pm as well as the DB’s
stored procedures. But the conclusion is drawn from my own virtual machine
logs which has little test data in database. In most time the search only
return 0 result. So I turned to your help. Could anyone send me a snippet
of your running system log which contains some query with a large result
set. The system log is located in /openils/var/log in your running system.
Or could anyone point a place for me to find some real data to fill in my
database. That will be a great help to support the optimization.

Thanks in advance.

2012/7/3