[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [GSOC] System Log

rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Tue Jul 3 10:26:10 EDT 2012

Hi Sy,

If it would be beneficial I can probably get you a copy of SCLENDS'
log (or a subset of it) if that would help your analysis.  Equinox
provides our hosting and can get to the logs and I will authorize the
release of them for this work since it benefits everyone.

Rogan

Quoting sy duan <stormdsy at gmail.com>:

> Hi everyone,
>
>          I’m Swenyu, this year’s GSOC student. I’m optimizing the system
> performance in search. I have studied the log of OpenSRF in the file
> osrfsys.log. Which shows in a single search operation, DB calls takes as
> much time as the message processing in Tranport.pm. And the accumulated
> message processing time even surpass the DB search time. So I want to
> optimize the message processing method in Tranport.pm as well as the DB’s
> stored procedures. But the conclusion is drawn from my own virtual machine
> logs which has little test data in database. In most time the search only
> return 0 result. So I turned to your help. Could anyone send me a snippet
> of your running system log which contains some query with a large result
> set. The system log is located in /openils/var/log in your running system.
> Or could anyone point a place for me to find some real data to fill in my
> database. That will be a great help to support the optimization.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> 2012/7/3

Rogan Hamby
Manager Rock Hill Library & Reference Services
York County Library System

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's
too dark
to read." - Groucho Marx