[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Internationalization support in Evergreen

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jun 1 16:27:09 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Job D R Borges <job at nupelia.uem.br> wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I am reviewing and updating the Brazilian translations at launchpad.net.
> Nowadays the restrictions status for Evergreen translations in Launchpad is
> "Open",
> which means that anyone can translate without revision.
> I am working to get a very good quality for Brazilian Translations,
> revising all entries.
>
> Then I am looking, for someone that know how to change the current Status,
> to "Restricted",
> to change to a more quality control process for translations.

Hi Job:

Thanks so much for you contributions to date!

To date we haven't really had anyone stepping up like you to take more
direct responsibility for a given language, so we haven't had to
figure out that process. This is a good problem to have! I'll take a
look at Launchpad to figure out what the process is for assigning a
given language to "Restricted" and granting you reviewer status so
that you can sign off on any contributed translations to Brazilian
languages.

It's probably a good time to ask if anyone wants to take on a similar
responsibility for other languages. And maybe someday we'll have a
real overall translation coordinator too!

Dan