[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Migrating bills/fines to Evergreen

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Fri Mar 16 08:22:38 EDT 2012

I believe if you migrate the correct due date and fine information
then you run the fine generator cron job you can indeed let Evergreen
fill in the fines themselves, provided you don't fill in the stop
fines reason. That won't, however, help for things that are returned
already in your existing system but still have owed fines (because you
would be setting a checkin date and such).

As for generating bills, a lot of systems already do that....though
most seem to be using various forms of home-grown tools in the process
due to differences in billing across libraries and consortia.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium