[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Migrating bills/fines to Evergreen

Olli-Antti Kivilahti olli-antti.kivilahti at jns.fi
Fri Mar 16 08:01:59 EDT 2012

Sprinting into a spring's spring!

One thought came up about migrating the bills/fines database.
Will Evergreen automatically calculate the correct amount of fines for
late checkins, if we migrate the checkout-data to Evergreen's
action.circulation and make sure we fill columns "recurring_fine",
"fine_interval", "xact_start", "max_fine"?
Can we somehow exploit Evergreen's fining mechanisms to help generate
bills for our patrons?
Generally we are thinking about the challenge of migrating all our data
to EG. Patron data, Bibliographic data, copy data, serials data, ongoing
acquisitions data, bills/fines data, holds data, circulation data. Lots
of work, maybe too much.

--
Olli-Antti Kivilahti
Open Library 2013