[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** GSoC 2012

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 21 15:03:10 EDT 2012

Hi Vlad,

On Mar 21, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Vlad Bogolin wrote:
> My name is Vlad Bogolin and I am a 2nd year student at Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Computer Science Department. I would like to participate to GSoC 2012.
> After looking on the idea page I would be interested to create an Android client for Evergreen.
> As it comes to Java I am quite familiar with it and I have developed some small projects. At the moment I am developing a school team project based on Ants from AIChallenge. I also have a passion for Android and I think this project will offer me the chance to boost my knowledge and make an interesting application.
> I would be grateful if I would be given some resources or some tasks to do in order to make a better idea about the project.

On our ideas list [1] there are links to some resources that may be useful to you, including a page on setting up a development environment for Evergreen as well as a link to what we're calling "bite-size" bugs.  Bite-size bugs are small corrections or enhancements to Evergreen that the community has identified and are meant to give folks new to hacking Evergreen an achievable problem to solve.  One other thing that I should mention is that one of our application requirements for GSoC this year is that students must provide a small bugfix or enhancement to Evergreen; the bite-size bugs are a good place to look for ideas to meet that requirement.

[1] http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:summer_of_coding_ideas

Regards,

Galen
--