[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Create android client for Evergreen project

Minoshini Fonseka minoshini.fon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:23:37 EDT 2012

Hi Dan,

I am Minoshini , level 2 undergraduate in University of Moratuwa , Sri
Lanka. At university I have learnt java under Object Oriented Programming
and Object Oriented Analysis and Design. I am passionate on Android and
Java, because I am recently working on a project of Enterprise Mobile
Framework for Android OS where we focusing on order management . So I think
I have the capability in continuing the project.

I thought of deal with the project  of "Create android client for Evergreen
" in Google Summer of Code , specially targeting in developing a library
patron android application. Move over I would like to build a framework on
top of the application to create a customize  version.

By the way ,I have some doubts to be cleared regarding the problem domain
of the application.
1. Will there a separate Evergreen application of those apps you are more
focusing on(the library patron app, the inventory app ) or should I have to
build them from the beginning?
2.Regarding the library patron app ,may I know the android user: whether it
is Librarian or borrowers or else both?
3. In framework what are components you need to added(such as for
synchronization , data optimization , security ) ?

I hope you would help me answering the above questions which would able me
to come up with a good design and a proposal.

I am eagerly  willing to work on this project and I wish you would support
me in mentoring for this project.

--

* **Best Regards,
 Minoshini Fonseka**.**