[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal PlugIn Blog (Worpress or Drupal)

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Tue Mar 27 08:05:02 EDT 2012

On 03/27/2012 06:34 AM, Carlos Mauro Cardenas Fernandez wrote:
> My proposal is work in a plugin for wordpress and after for drupal.
>
> I will make a extend and backend for the code evergreen and use some script
> like there.
>
> Its means write the idea : "Create a PHP client for OpenSRF and Evergreen"

Hello Carlos.  I'm happy to hear that you would like to try this.  At
this point, I would recommend you attempt the following:

- More interaction with the community.  Visit the #evergreen IRC channel
on freenode.org if you haven't already, and talk with anybody who is
listening about what has already been done with PHP and Evergreen, and
what still remains to be done.

- More experimentation with Evergreen.  Try out demo servers or even a
virtual image. See the project website: http://evergreen-ils.org

- Try to define more precisely what features you believe you could
provide in a Wordpress or Drupal plugin to Evergreen.

- (This is the most difficult of the possible tasks I list) Install
Evergreen on a system that will serve as your development environment,
and select a bug tagged "bitesize" from here:
https://launchpad.net/evergreen .  Contribute a fix for the bug.  See
these guidelines on contributing:
http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:contributing_code

--