[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Perl Module Help Needed

Alan Simon simon at hslc.org
Fri May 4 10:03:09 EDT 2012

Hello -

This is a repost of an #evergreen IRC chat posting.

I would like to create a new action trigger that is similar to 90-day
Mark Lost but that would mark an item billed instead of lost.  I have
created a new billing type of 'Long Overdue' and a new copy status of
'billed,' and want to create a new Reactor called MarkItemBilled, based
on the MarkItemLost reactor used by the 90-Day Mark Lost action
trigger.  The MarkItemLost reactor calls sub set_item_lost in
OpenILS::Application::Cat::AssetCommon, so I thought that I would copy
that module to OpenILS::Application::Cat::AssetCommonHSLC and edit it to
include only a set_item_billed subroutine based on set_item_lost.

I see that set_item_lost sets variables defined in
OpenILS::Application::AppUtils (e.g., OILS_SETTING_LOST_PROCESSING_FEE)
and OpenILS::Application::Circ::CircCommon (e.g.,
OILS_COPY_STATUS_LOST).  However, those modules does not define
locally-defined settings like our 'Long Overdue' billing type and our
'Billed' status.  How does OpenILS::Application::Circ::CircCommon know
what those are?

It also sets a variable found in the /openils/var/data/ils_events.xml
file, which contains translations including non-alpha characters.  How
do I (and should I?) edit that file to add a new event?

Thanks very much for whatever help you can give me.

Alan

--
Alan Simon, Associate Director
HSLC