[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Perl Module Help Needed

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Fri May 4 10:36:19 EDT 2012

Quoting Alan Simon <simon at hslc.org>:

> Hello -
>
> This is a repost of an #evergreen IRC chat posting.
>
> I would like to create a new action trigger that is similar to
> 90-day Mark Lost but that would mark an item billed instead of lost.
>  I have created a new billing type of 'Long Overdue' and a new copy
> status of 'billed,' and want to create a new Reactor called
> MarkItemBilled, based on the MarkItemLost reactor used by the 90-Day
> Mark Lost action trigger.  The MarkItemLost reactor calls sub
> set_item_lost in OpenILS::Application::Cat::AssetCommon, so I
> thought that I would copy that module to
> OpenILS::Application::Cat::AssetCommonHSLC and edit it to include
> only a set_item_billed subroutine based on set_item_lost.

No comment there. I'll assume that you have a reason to want to mark
something as "BILLED" rather than "LOST." (I saw some of that
discussion in IRC.)

> I see that set_item_lost sets variables defined in
> OpenILS::Application::AppUtils (e.g.,
> OILS_SETTING_LOST_PROCESSING_FEE) and
> OpenILS::Application::Circ::CircCommon (e.g.,
> OILS_COPY_STATUS_LOST).  However, those modules does not define
> locally-defined settings like our 'Long Overdue' billing type and
> our 'Billed' status.  How does
> OpenILS::Application::Circ::CircCommon know what those are?

It finds the constant values in OpenILS::Const.

> It also sets a variable found in the
> /openils/var/data/ils_events.xml file, which contains translations
> including non-alpha characters.  How do I (and should I?) edit that
> file to add a new event?

One developer has plans to make that file go away since it only
partially implements all of the events that Evergreen has. His
intention is to move them into the database. I know that doesn't
really answer your question, but I guess it is a way of saying that
you don't have to edit that file unless you really want to.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services