[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need access to web server space to host largeconference presentations

Justin Hopkins justin at mobiusconsortium.org
Sat May 5 10:26:47 EDT 2012

We do something like this. I'll give you the URL's, but don't laugh at my complete lack of creativity year to year. I have something that works and I like to stick with it ;) Our conference site is mobiusconference.org, but we do an apache redirect that I change every year to redirect users to the current years conference site. The conference site is a subdomain of our main website, which let's us use the Drupal module called Bakery to do single sign on. Users can use their existing account this way from year to year even though it's a completely different site.

mobiusconference.org (2012conf.mobiusconsortium.org)
2011conf.mobiusconsortium.org
2010conf.mobiusconsortium.org

Is this what you were thinking Lori? This is all Drupal powered. We allow presenters to submit their proposals there, and then we flag the accepted ones and delete the rest. The schedule grid is a little hacky in terms of layout, but it's easy to manage through the UI. The nice thing about it is that each session is it's own node that the presenters created and have ownership of. They are able to upload their own files whenever they like - which makes my job a lot easier.

Cheers,
Justin