[OPEN-ILS-DEV] staff client context help feature

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue May 15 10:57:39 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I was digging around for information on context help. I was hoping to experiment to see what options were possible in regards to directing users to appropriate docs on the evergreen server or external servers.

The only information I found was this scratchpad info from 2010:

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:custom_help

However, in testing I found that context help was only working for the OPAC search page even when help.html pages were in place in the prescribed locations. I tested on an older 2.2 master staff client  and 2.0 version with the same results. I also found that the debug console did not provide the information that it was supposed to.  I did not see messages such as:

set_help_context: {"protocol":"http:","hostname":"acq.open-ils.org","port":"","pathname":"/xul/acq_20100513/server/circ/checkin.xul","src":""}
nor
help widget: testing <http://acq.open-ils.org/help.html>
for example.

I would like to get information about the current state of this feature and a good starting point (code/page reference) if I want to experiment with pointing  context help to different sources on my test server.

I also wonder if this is a good time to reopen the discussion on this feature?

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.