[OPEN-ILS-DEV] After 2.2 naming / schedule

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Tue May 15 11:46:20 EDT 2012

Hi all,

As we look toward planning the next release of Evergreen (after 2.2), there are a couple of simple, but important questions we need to answer.

1. Is it time to jump to 3.0 or do we stay with 2.3?

I'm not aware of any significant architectural changes (e.g. changing PG versions) on the horizon, which would suggest we stick with 2.3.  Perhaps it's too early to tell?

For reference: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=versioning

2. Do we return to the originally proposed March/September release schedule?

My impression is there's a general consensus to do this.  It would lead to a shortened development cycle for next release, so I would like to give everyone a chance to voice their concerns / alternate suggestions and put this to a vote.

Once we have these questions answered, we can start outlining a schedule.

Thanks everyone.

-b

--
Bill Erickson