[OPEN-ILS-DEV] After 2.2 naming / schedule

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Thu May 17 11:04:07 EDT 2012

> I vote for 2.3, with a corollary of changing "major feature release"
> criteria to "minor feature release would be 2 digits otherwise".
> Infrastructure is pretty much always changing.
>
> For example, the next releases would be:
>
> 2.3
> 2.4
> 2.9
> 3.0 (to avoid 2.10)

I agree with 2.3 for the next release.  September 2012, right?

Beyond that, I just wanted to comment that if we stick with the 2.x numbering until version 3.0 would roll around, at the speed of two releases per year we would have version 3.0 in March of 2016.  I agree that versioning can be pretty arbitrary, but psychologically and from marketing perspective, that could make the project appear stagnating.

Alexey Lazar
PALS
Information System Developer and Integrator
507-389-2907
http://www.mnpals.org/