[OPEN-ILS-DEV] After 2.2 naming / schedule

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Thu May 17 11:12:15 EDT 2012

> My inclination is to go with a version numbering scheme identical to what Ubuntu does with their timed releases. That is, we should use YY.MM for the "version" numbers. Thus, if we keep to a Marc/September schedule, then the September release would be 12.09.

Using this scheme, does that mean abandoning minor release numbers?  If yes, I'm against that.  If no, what would minor releases look like, 12.09.1 or 12.09.0.1?  Ubuntu does not seem to be using the minor release numbers.

Alexey Lazar
PALS
Information System Developer and Integrator
507-389-2907
http://www.mnpals.org/