[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.2 RC1 and the 2.2 RC1 staff client

Anoop Atre aatre at esilibrary.com
Thu May 24 10:34:12 EDT 2012

This is actually a clarification I've been meaning to suggest to the
install documentation. It should say "make
STAFF_CLIENT_STAMP_ID=rel_2_2_rc1 install" since the client we provide
looks for that stamp. A quick fix is to "cd /openils/var/web/xul" and
then "ln -sf rel_2_2 rel_2_2_rc1".

Cheers

On 05/24/2012 10:28 AM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:
> Does the client stamp ID on the server have to match exactly the version as reported in the staff client? When I installed the server, I set
>
> make STAFF_CLIENT_STAMP_ID=rel_2_2 install
>
> as instructed in the installation documentation.
>
> When trying to connect with the 2.2 RC1 staff client, I am getting a "client not supported" error.  Is this because the version string of the staff client does not match what I set as stamp ID on the server?
>
> Alexey Lazar
> PALS
> Information System Developer and Integrator
> 507-389-2907
> http://www.mnpals.org/

Anoop Atre
| Systems Administrator
| aatre at esilibrary.com
| 770-709-5595
Equinox Software Inc. / Your Library's Guide to Open Source
--
   "Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens"
    ~ Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller