[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.2 RC1 fresh install questions

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri May 25 14:07:07 EDT 2012

> We noted several of those "missing" features during our review but did not consider them to be serious deal-breakers against adopting Tpac.  As far as "stable and well tested" though, my opinion is that it should definitely fulfill the intended replacement for the simple catalog.  But I think each Evergreen site will need to evaluate carefully for themselves whether Tpac is good enough to fit their needs now or wait longer before adopting it.

Thanks, Ben, your answer helped inform our discussion.  We decided to go with the new TPAC by default, since that's where things are headed anyway.  We all seemed to agree that the interface and features fulfill the needs at this time.  Since this library is migrating to Evergreen for the first time, we might as well get them started in the right direction, rather then with an option nearing end of life.

Alexey Lazar
PALS
Information System Developer and Integrator
507-389-2907
http://www.mnpals.org/