[OPEN-ILS-DEV] A Print Notice action/trigger reactor (instead of Email Notice) for Evergreen

Mai, Hieu Trung hieu.mai at mnsu.edu
Thu Nov 15 10:44:45 EST 2012

Hi all,
This is Simon. I started at PALS on July 18 (http://www.mnpals.org). I’m working with Evergreen now. I guess I am very new with this Evergreen product. So I need your help or some ideas that help me a lot.
Now I am trying to build a new action/trigger reactor to generate print notices in Evergreen. I also need a way, perhaps by modifying SendEmail, to generate email notices only for patrons with an actual email address and who have their communication preference set to email. Patrons who do not want to get email or who do not have email addresses should have print notices generated for them.
I made some of them work. Normally I can generate print notices, instead of email notice now. But I got stuck in finding out how to know who (patron) have their communication preference set to email or not. While researching some Evergreen documents, I found Fieldmapper IDL that maps database fields to Evergreen objects. I’m wondering if I need to add a new class to fm_IDL.xml to get the preference of patron set to email or not (Because I don’t find it there – We’re using Evergreen 2.2 for development).
Anyone used to work with this before? Do you have any ideas to know who (patron) have their communication preference set to email or not (work with reactor)?
Thank you.
Regards,
Simon.

Hieu Mai (Simon)
Systems Developer - PALS
A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Email: hieu.mai at mnsu.edu<mailto:hieu.mai at mnsu.edu> (master.simon21 at yahoo.com<mailto:master.simon21 at yahoo.com>)
 "Every day may not be good… but there’s something good in every day"