[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for installation assistance

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Oct 11 11:17:25 EDT 2012

Hi Larry:

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 08:39:34AM -0400, Larry W Arnold wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope I am posting to the correct listserv list, if not please advise.

Thanks for posting to the Evergreen dev list, it's a reasonable spot to
ask for technical assistance, and you've given us a lot of useful debug
info; I'll see if I can offer any help inline below:

> I have installed Evergreen 2.2 on a Ubuntu 10.04.4 server, and while the
> installation was smooth, I have encountered problems probably related to
> configuration (Network or Hostname ??).
>
> Any guidance or assistance is much appreciated
>
> When I run autogen.sh to boot-strap Opensrf I get the following:
> opensrf at eg-test:~$ autogen.sh
> Updating Evergreen organization tree and IDL
>
> Updating fieldmapper
> Exception: OpenSRF::EX::Session 2012-10-11T07:49:17
> OpenILS::Utils::Cronscript /
> usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/Utils/Cronscript.pm:276 Session Error:
> route
> r at private.localhost/opensrf.settings IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK!!!

<snip>

Okay, we see that fairly frequently, and it's often an authentication
problem with one or more of the ejabberd users.

> I then ran settings-tester.pl with the following result:
>
> opensrf at eg-test:~$
> /home/larry/Evergreen-ILS-2.2.2/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester
> .pl

Cool. This script is getting long in the tooth but occasionally provides
useful feedback, such as...

> 1..7
> ok 1 - use OpenSRF::Utils::Config;

<snip>

> Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain public.localhost
> Use of uninitialized value $@ in concatenation (.) or string at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/Client.pm line
> 157, <DATA> line 35.
> * Error connecting to jabber:
> SCALAR(0x2528538)

Aha - I'm pretty sure this indicates (clumsily!) that the opensrf user
was unable to connect to to the public.localhost ejabberd domain with
the credentials you supplied. Double-check opensrf_core.xml for a typo
in the password, or remove and reregister the opensrf at public.localhost
user with the same password.

(Also note that ejabberd sadly doesn't deal with special shell
characters in passwords, so avoid $ and @ and the like...)

Good luck!