[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal for search modifications for Evergreen 2.4

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:03:09 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Jeffrey Bond
<jbond.evergreen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings Evergreen Developers,
>
> I’d like to propose a few changes to search functionality for the Evergreen
> application.  Here is some relevant information on the changes. I had read
> in an e-mail that blueprints may no longer be needed? I added one anyways
> but I can remove it if needed. Note that all changes proposed here can be
> turned on or off as defined in the wiki; if and when these changes are added
> they will not change the functionality of Evergreen unless an organization
> specific option is selected to do so. Thank you all for considering these
> changes.

Without details or some prototype code the community can't really help
evaluate the design.  That's something that you'll want to happen to
improve the chances of having your work included in main-line
Evergreen.

Also, as Thomas mentioned, there is ongoing search improvement being
both discussed and developed collaboratively, mostly in the IRC
channel.  Some of Thomas' might impact yours, and there is higher
level QueryParser work happening that might also either impact or
inform your design.

Jumping in IRC and discussing (and pointing to any code you might be
experimenting with) might make things easier.