[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal for search modifications for Evergreen 2.4

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Mon Oct 15 13:26:06 EDT 2012

I'm going to start by pointing you at information on stuff I am
already working on:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:search_changes

Beyond that, some of what you are talking about is actually at the
TPac layer (it builds exact match/contains searches in specific ways,
QueryParser is then handed the built search). As for the rest some
more details of *how* you intend to accomplish them might be nice.

Also, as a note, my work is currently going to be taking the
*_field_entry tables and storing normalized values in them, rather
than the current mostly non-normalized values, and is already adding
new "combined_*_field_entry" tables for other purposes. If your work
is going to depend on the non-normalized values then my work is likely
going to break yours at this stage.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium