[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction / FreeBSD supporter seeks mentor

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Wed Oct 17 08:40:59 EDT 2012

Quoting Jim Long <evergreen at umpquanet.com>:

> Once Galen told me to 'cd Evergreen', all of the above went just swimmingly.
> Even 'git rebase origin master' said everything was up to date.

There was a typo in my original email, that should be

git rebase origin/master

Without the / it does something very different. If you do the above,
you will get conflicts.

>> Bill's instructions are out of date. The autogen.sh script has been
>> removed. The README now instructs that you run autoreconf -i. There
>> should also be a more up to date version of the FreeBSD install
>> instructions in the docs directory on the FreeBSD-compat branch. The
>> file path is docs/eg-freebsd.txt from the git root. However, that
>> documentation hasn't been updated in 6 months so you may need to check
>> for drift between these instructions and the README.
>>
>> OpenSRF installs pretty much as-is following the directions in
>> eg-freebsd.txt. You will need the freebsd-compat branch in order to
>> install Evergreen.
>
> It seems my obstacle now is that I have no file docs/eg-freebsd.txt.
>

> eg_test : 15:42:57 /home/opensrf/Evergreen# find . -type d -name docs
> ./docs
> eg_test : 15:43:00 /home/opensrf/Evergreen# find ./docs -type f | grep -i bsd
> eg_test : 15:43:07 /home/opensrf/Evergreen#

Did you do the above after doing the git checkout -b freebsd-compat
working/user/dyrcona/freebsd-compat ? If so, the file *should* be there.

Doing the git rebase may have switched branches on you. I'd try a git
checkout freebsd-compat to make sure.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services