[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Feature Proposal: New Tab

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Oct 17 15:04:46 EDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

I mentioned something about this in IRC, but figured I could also reply
here for the list archives too.

After reading the wiki page entry, my main concern with the proposed
implementation is that having the new tab functionality controlled via
library settings makes the decision one made for the entire library (or
system, or consortium) instead of on a case-by-case individual user
preference.  My suggestion is to consider applying the proposed new-tab
options as either a workstation or user setting.  That way, if people
prefer to have results open in new tabs (or not), that's a decision they
can make and apply on their own workstations.

The way people use tabs can often be very personal to their own
workflows and decisions.

Just voicing concern on that front, perhaps others can weigh in too.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator