[OPEN-ILS-DEV] TPAC localization (Dan Scott)

Kivilahti Olli-Antti olli-antti.kivilahti at jns.fi
Wed Oct 24 04:08:04 EDT 2012

We didn't use the translations.launchpad at all, because over 6 months
ago when we were starting our localization phase for EG 2.2, I was told
that nobody updates those launchpad files and they are ancient. I could
get the most recent .pot's from the source. Also we couldn't use the
launchpad service as we outsourced the translations and they had their
own system they used, so we sent them .po's.
We also haven't released our translated .po's as the localization
process isn't complete yet and updating those to the launchpad would
cause extra load for whoever is responsible for translate.launchpad.

The outsourcing resulted in translations, but we had to do a lot of
corrections afterwards. Currently we are translating those .po's using
and OS tool, called Omega. If anyone has any recommendations whether the
translate.launchpad is better, feel free to instruct.

When beta EG 2.3 was released, I couldn't find any TPAC related .pot's.

But it is good to know that the TPAC issue has been fixed so we don't
have to, which answers one of my questions, so thank you!

Now we only have some cryptic parts of the staff_client left to fix
(presumably).

Thanks for you reply Dan, I do appreciate it.