[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Circulation Policies Configuration Screen

Geoff Sams GSams at roanoketexas.com
Mon Sep 17 18:43:39 EDT 2012

I am currently working on transferring circ policies to in-DB and was hoping I could find some insight into how the information is processed so that I enter the information correctly.  I can't seem to find any documentation anywhere for how the in-DB setup works or what every field is intended for.  I was wondering if anyone had any helpful guides on this particular setup.

I suppose some specific questions would also be useful:

If I have a general circulation policy(applies to all users) and a policy restricting a single user group will it properly select the policy meant for that single user group when the case comes up?

If I want to restrict a user group from checking out all but a single circulation modifier would that require a separate policy for each modifier, or is there any easier method of setting that up?

I may have more questions on this, I am really just starting to get this going.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  You all have been great to me!

Thanks,
Geoff Sams
Roanoke Public Library
817-491-2691