[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Circulation Policies Configuration Screen

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Tue Sep 18 07:53:07 EDT 2012

Geoff,

There's some documentation that should be valid up to 2.1 available here:

http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:customization:indb-circ

I'll also take a stab at answering your specific questions.  Caveat: my understanding and experience is from EG 2.1 and I know there have been some changes:

> If I have a general circulation policy(applies to all users) and a
> policy restricting a single user group will it properly select the
> policy meant for that single user group when the case comes up?

Yes, but you may need to configure your circulation weights to give user group a higher priority if the default weights aren't working for you.

> If I want to restrict a user group from checking out all but a single
> circulation modifier would that require a separate policy for each
> modifier, or is there any easier method of setting that up?

The rules use an "deny all, then allow what we specify" strategy so there's currently not a "deny" option.  So I think you would have to specify a separate policy for each circ modifier if you need to be able to deny (or more accurately, not permit) one from being circulated.

Hope that helps,

Chris