[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Greetings from Catalyst

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 19 23:25:29 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Jeffrey Bond <jbond.evergreen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello! My name is Jeffrey Bond and I'm a developer here at Catalyst IT Services.

Hey Jeffrey, definitely the right place, though it be relatively low
traffic.  Welcome!

Channel #evergreen on Freenode IRC is another good place for more
real-time chatter.
(conveniently accessible here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=evergreen)

> We've been tasked with code documentation for perl modules. We'd like to get
> started as soon as possible. So my only question is, how can we help?

Hrmm.  My advice would be to install the system, play with it, and
then start figuring out how it works.  Note where you have difficulty
and where the process would have benefited from more documentation.
If such would-be documentation falls within your mission scope,
hurray.  :D  You may also want to start with OpenSRF before moving on
to Evergreen proper.

Take a look at http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:contributing_code

And http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:start

And particularly the OpenSRF intro and the development workshop at
http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/

A lot of the API has documentation bundled along with the methods in
the Perl, but I'm not sure how much in the way of POD you'd find
there.

-- Jason