[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Frequent error message from Evergreen 2.2

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Sep 28 13:47:02 EDT 2012

At Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:12:30 +0000 Alex Reczkowski <areczkowski at cwmars.org> wrote:

> Dear Robert & Jason,
> Just weighing in from Pittsfield (also in C/W MARS) -- we were
> plagued with this error but found that since we upgraded our internet
> line (from 7Mbps/2Mbps to 35Mbps/5Mbps), it has become quite rare.  So,
> speed and reliability of the connection seems to have taken care of the
> issue.
> Now that I've typed this, I figure that I probably haven't added much
> to your knowledge, but if you can think of anything I can check or test
> here (since we had the problem and seem to have beaten it), please let
> me know.

Looking at the bug report, it appears that the problem is a 'race
condition'.  Race condition bugs are generally timing related (eg one
process gets ahead of another and thing go south when syncronization is
lost).  Anything that makes the timing worse tends to make the race
condition worse or more noticable (occuring more frequently).  This
very much seems to be what is going on.

It also appears that a bug fix is in progress...

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com