[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Browse entries for proper title

Beth Longwell blongwel at eou.edu
Mon Aug 26 13:45:01 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I don't know whether this affected anyone else, but just in case I'm
posting an issue we had. We have auto-suggest turned on and libraries began
reporting that some searches were coming up with empty results even though
the titles existed. We are currently using 2.4.

What we discovered was that proper title entries had "/" after the title in
the browse list and if the patron or staff member clicked on that entry it
would result in a null result set. I looked into the indexing of proper
title on our system and realized that the new "TitleNonfiling" element is
including trailing puncutation - "/". I added an additional normalize entry
for proper title to remove the "/" so that future indexing for the proper
title and browse title entries would not include it. I then cleaned up the
browse entries already in the system.

Have a good day,

Beth Longwell
Systems Manager