[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Firefox Remote XUL and future of StaffClient.

Job Diógenes Ribeiro Borges job at nupelia.uem.br
Wed Aug 28 16:09:13 EDT 2013

I would like to know, if its possible to run StaffClient,
direct from mozilla, using mozilla remote Xul execution?

I Read some discussion here abou WebBase staff client:
"[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Staff client software vs. web-based interface
<http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-general/2012-September/007459.html>
  *Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich  * "

Although the currently client works in XUL,
Mozilla does not have good plans for XUL.
XUL documentations is scarce, and new technologies
can replace XUL with advantages.

Here some people talk about technologies to use in a WebBase StaffClient:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreeen/+bug/1117658<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1117658>

I would like to know, if these discussion are going further, and
if have some group working in this?
What about Staff to work in tablets ?

I any case I'm prompt to help in the discussion,
make tests, search for FrameWorks, look
for modern web Interface, etc.

Thanks

Job DIogenes

Antes de imprimir, pense em sua responsabilidade e compromisso com o MEIO
AMBIENTE