[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.4 client issues: some questions

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Dec 7 14:19:34 EST 2013

I am the tech guy for our local library and the librarian is telling me that
there are some problems with Evergreen.  Specificly:

1) Has the 'memory leak' issue been addressed? We are running on a 32-bit
*Linux* machine (CentOS 5) with 2Gig of RAM with the native 32-bit Xulrunner
(17.0.9-1.el5_9).  The circulation desk machine tends to 'bog down' after
running for a while and needs to be restarted.  Would more memory help or not?

2) Items sometimes show up as not checked in -- that is a patron takes an item
off the shelf and brings it the circulation to checkout and the system claims
that the item is still checked out.  This is despite a policy of checking
everything in *twice*.  The librarian is pretty sure it is not 'operator
error'. One of the people who works weekends also works at a 3 other libraries
in the area and the same thing is happing there as well.

Has anyone else seen these sorts of problems?

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com