[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.4 client issues: some questions

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Sun Dec 8 07:53:39 EST 2013

Robert,

See this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1086458.  The fix is in 2.4.4 and later.  Note that it will require a staff client upgrade for staff.  If an upgrade is not possible/practical, the only other solution is to schedule regular restarts of the client or the machine itself.

> 2) Items sometimes show up as not checked in -- that is a patron
> takes an item off the shelf and brings it the circulation to checkout and the
> system claims that the item is still checked out.  This is despite a policy of
> checking everything in *twice*.  The librarian is pretty sure it is not
> 'operator error'. One of the people who works weekends also works at a 3 other
> libraries in the area and the same thing is happing there as well.

This sounds like it's also a side effect of the memory leak.  One of our libraries who was hit particularly hard by the leak was reporting similar issues.  If you're able to apply the fix for the above-referenced bug and the problem persists, please open a new bug report with the symptoms.

Hope that's helpful!

--
Chris Sharp
PINES System Administrator