[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SIPServer stops responding

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Feb 12 13:27:51 EST 2013

Quoting "Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich" <alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu>:

> We are running SIPServer with Evergreen 2.3.1. The SIPServer works
> for a while, and then seems to just stop responding, including to
> local requests via telnet. A restart of the SIPServer fixes the
> problem… until next time.
>
> There is nothing obvious in the SIP log. Any suggestions for where I
> should look to try to troubleshoot this issue?

Is it still working with already connected clients and just refusing
new connections? Does it stop responding to already connected clients?
Did those clients have any errors and disconnect from the server
without actually logging out/shutting down the connection?

My first thought is that you may need to increase the number of
allowed servers and set your min spare servers in the oils_sip.xml
file. You want min_servers to be at least 1, min_spare_servers to be
at least 1, and max_servers > 2. (We use 80 for the latter, but we
have several locations with multiple self checks and PC signup systems.)

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services