[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Anyone currently working on an opac redesign? Especiallly mobile-freindly?

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Tue Jul 16 15:11:05 EDT 2013

Hi, Jason.

It's been a while since this thread went quiet, but I just wanted to mention that I've been working on a test implementation of the Twitter Bootstrap framework [1] over the stock Evergreen OPAC - at this point for internal demo purposes. I also considered trying Foundation [2], but the implementation curve seemed a bit more involved for our current scope, so I chose Bootstrap.

I am of the opinion that adopting some type of a front-end framework may be the most efficient way to deliver a good presentation layer for all the types of browsers and screen sizes out there, as well as to keep up proactively with changes to browsers and emerging web standards.

[1] http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/
[2] http://foundation.zurb.com/

Aleksey

On 2013-06-28, at 11:16 , "Boyer, Jason A" <JBoyer1 at library.IN.gov> wrote:

> I'm trying to make sure I'm not duplicating a bunch of effort. I'm working on making the opac more accessible on small screens. I saw a branch that Dan Scott made available in April, but I've not seen anything on the list about any similar work since.
>
> Here's what I'm hoping to do, in case it piques anyone else's interest:
> Make the font-size entries relative, so that changing the body font-size adjusts them all.
> Use pt or mm for the body font-size rather than px.
> Rearrange things so it's easier to use the My Account and holds features.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason Boyer
> Application Systems Analyst / Programmer Int.
> Indiana State Library
> 140 North Senate Ave.
> Indianapolis, IN 46204
> http://library.in.gov/