[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Assistance request with a SIP connection problem

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Thu Jun 20 09:08:35 EDT 2013

Quoting Antti Kurenniemi <antti.kurenniemi at pv-supa.com>:

> Our devices communicate with ILS's via SIP protocol (SIP 1 or 2,
> typically 2), normally over a TCP/IP connection. In this particular
> case, the SIP connection is broken quite often, about once or twice
> an hour. The network connection stays live, but the SIP connection
> just closes. It comes up automatically after a few minutes and our
> device can then continue normal operations, but obviously if a
> patron is using the machine when the connection breaks, they can't
> return their books.

You should have the customer check the /var/log/syslog on their SIP2 server
for error messages.

The most relevant lines would likely contain the following text:

read_SIP_packet (try [a number]) ERROR:

If they don't find that in the logs, then more digging will be required.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services