[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Anyone currently working on an opac redesign? Especially mobile-freindly?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jun 28 12:59:11 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 04:16:56PM +0000, Boyer, Jason A wrote:
> I'm trying to make sure I'm not duplicating a bunch of effort. I'm
> working on making the opac more accessible on small screens. I saw a
> branch that Dan Scott made available in April, but I've not seen
> anything on the list about any similar work since.
>
> Here's what I'm hoping to do, in case it piques anyone else's interest:
> Make the font-size entries relative, so that changing the body font-size adjusts them all.

Hmm. "grep -r font Open-ILS/src/templates/opac/" suggests that's already
true for the most part; at least for anything in TPAC under the /opac/
directory. What version of Evergreen are you working with?

> Use pt or mm for the body font-size rather than px.

Right now, that's a matter of changing one line (again, assuming a
current version of Evergreen) in Open-ILS/src/templates/opac/parts/css/fonts.tt2

> Rearrange things so it's easier to use the My Account and holds features.

Big thumbs up to that; in my experimental branch, the holds / my lists
bits were the most troublesome, IIRC.

I would like to keep working on this as well; my time is opening up over
the summer, I just need a little motivation now and then :)