[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Anyone currently working on an opac redesign? Especially mobile-freindly?

Boyer, Jason A JBoyer1 at library.IN.gov
Fri Jun 28 13:05:37 EDT 2013

I'm starting on 2.2 just to get our current install working. I'm not planning to share that around because it'll likely be quick and dirty. 2.4+ is where I'm hoping to make more sensible changes. It sounds like a lot of the necessary css wrangling took place between the two, so that'll help.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
ASA / Prog. Int.
Indiana State Library
http://library.in.gov/
317-234-2128

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Dan Scott
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 12:59 PM
To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Anyone currently working on an opac redesign? Especially mobile-freindly?

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 04:16:56PM +0000, Boyer, Jason A wrote:
> I'm trying to make sure I'm not duplicating a bunch of effort. I'm
> working on making the opac more accessible on small screens. I saw a
> branch that Dan Scott made available in April, but I've not seen
> anything on the list about any similar work since.
>
> Here's what I'm hoping to do, in case it piques anyone else's interest:
> Make the font-size entries relative, so that changing the body font-size adjusts them all.

Hmm. "grep -r font Open-ILS/src/templates/opac/" suggests that's already true for the most part; at least for anything in TPAC under the /opac/ directory. What version of Evergreen are you working with?

> Use pt or mm for the body font-size rather than px.

Right now, that's a matter of changing one line (again, assuming a current version of Evergreen) in Open-ILS/src/templates/opac/parts/css/fonts.tt2

> Rearrange things so it's easier to use the My Account and holds features.

Big thumbs up to that; in my experimental branch, the holds / my lists bits were the most troublesome, IIRC.

I would like to keep working on this as well; my time is opening up over the summer, I just need a little motivation now and then :)