[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need basic information on "Journal Title" search for 2.4 docs

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon Mar 11 13:20:21 EDT 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:53:45PM -0400, Yamil Suarez wrote:
>>
> Hi Yamil:
>
> bib_level comes from MARC leader[07] "bibliographic level" attribute:
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bdleader.html
>
> For the case of Journal Title, it simply appends "bib_level=s" to the
> backend search to limit results to records that have that leader[07]
> value set to "s" for "serial".
>
> Dan

Dan,

Thanks you very much for the explanation, I now completely understand
and can explain it to my co-workers. Let me know if you, or anybody
else, have issues with my proposed (updated) documentation text...

"Journal Title—finds the terms you enter in the title of a serial bib
record"

Thanks again,
Yamil